Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Vote Today!

This post begins with a PSA for my fellow Texans. Be sure to vote NO on Constitutional Amendment 2. This is the amendment that will ban same-sex marriage. Whatever your feelsing on this issue, what place does the government have in telling YOU who you can and cannot marry? SHould the government be forcing it's values down YOUR throat? And if this passes, what else will they decide for you? Passing this amendment simply chips away at our right to make a very personal decision. While I am not gay, I do believe that anyone should be able to marry whomever they choose. And please, if we're going to tak about keeping marriage a sacred institution, can we take a look at some of these celebrity marriages? (Uh, hello Britney Spears and the 56-hour Vegas marriage!) So I ask all of you in Texas to get out and vote NO on Amendment 2.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled blogging. :)

I am going to work out with Jacqueline tonight. I didn't get to work out last week due to the finger. (No weight lifting and no running since that forces blood to your fingertips which can cause swelling...and trust me when I say we just don't need that!) So we're going to walk tonight. Good thing, too...I need to get back in the groove. Yeah, I'm still having some trouble but I just refuse to give up. I've come too far to turn back now!

Tomorrow night I am having dinner with Grampa. It's nice to get back into my regular routine! I was all messed up last week. This darn finger!

Anyhow, that's it for today. Have a good one, everybody!

2 comments:

tom said...

"SHould the government be forcing it's values down YOUR throat?"

Sometimes, yes. Government should encourage savings, education, hard work, as well as some other things. Prop. 2, however, is not a way to encourage a proper value. So, I agree. Vote NO.

God's Devine plan? Well, lets don't start seeing who can get laws to fit his particular belief as to God's plan. I am a Christian and that is a big reason I don't want the state defining the nature of religious unions.

The State has an interest in family units. make a state recognized domestic unit for any two adults. It should not be based on sex either. Two heteros, two gays, two elderly retarded sisters, two brother bachlors, any two.

Jennifer said...

I wonder if starman also remembers that God also asks us to love our neighbors? Matthew 7:1 also reminds us "Judge not, lest ye be judged." Those are the Christian values I follow. I can do that without the government telling me to do so. What if the government decides to tell us how many children we can have? Or even further than that, starman, what if you as a Christian were being forced to live the values of a Jewish government? Or a Buddhist or Muslim government? Before we hand over moral values to our government to decide, think about the bigger picture.