Monday, July 18, 2005

I saw Elvis!

If you've never heard of Elvis T. Busboy, you are missing out! My friend Kevin and I went to see him play at the Greenville Bar & Grill Saturday night, and he was fantastic!! Great bluesy-rockabilly type of music, and this guy has an amazing set of pipes! (and very good technique, I might add...this coming from a girl with about 13 years of vocal coaching) And I really liked the Greenville Bar & Grill! Great crowd...very friendly people.

Saturday afternoon was filled with swimming at Angela's pool...which is my most favorite retreat EVER! Her backyard is so restful for me! She invited her friend Kim, who is absolutely fabulous! We are planning a martini night for Friday, and I am looking forward to getting to know her better. It's always nice to meet new single female friends! She's about to celebrate her 40th birthday, so we need to do something fun for her. :)

And great news from Weight Watchers yesterday...I lost 2.5 pounds for a new grand total of 63.5 pounds!! I'm only 11.5 away from my 75 pound goal!! (Trying to get to that goal by Labor Day...then I'll set another goal after that) And a big shout out to mom who lost 1.5! She's doing so well and I am very proud of her. :)

Tonight I am having dinner with a friend that I haven't seen in a while. My friend Michelle, whom I have known since elementary school, and I ran into each other at a Halloween party last October, and I finally found her email address and decided to email her. She has a really nice husband, and two absolutely precious kiddos (she sent pictures and they are so cute!). Last time I saw her before that was when I lived in Seattle and they were up visiting her brother in law, so I had her and Dave and some neighbors over for dinner and it was good to see them then. I'm eager to get together with more regularity!

That's about it for now. I need to get some coffee to get my day started!

1 comment:

tom said...

I love Elvis T. He was starting out in Lubbock when I was at Tech.