Thursday, July 28, 2005

Zoo Night at the Cafeteria

I had quite a revelation last night. Do not go to Luby's on Wednesday nights. Kids eat free, and every single family in the DFW area was at our Luby's last night with every neighborhood child in tow. Now don't get me wrong...I like kids just fine. I do not like kids who run around like monkeys and whose parents don't pay any attention to them. It was loud and I was tired and grumpy (not getting enough rest!) so that just compounded it. Ugh!

So I got home and planned to go to bed extra early, but then began to read and didn't turn out the light until about 11. Ugh! My Friday girl's night plans got cancelled, but I need to leave that evening as is so that I can get some rest. It will be nice to go home and take it easy for a change!

On another note, I saw Gran last night and she is doing very well. She will be discharged in the next day or two most likely, and then she can get back to her PT and work toward getting home. They have taken such great care of her at the hospital, so mom and I baked cookies and took them to the ICU staff last night to say thanks. They looked so stunned that someone would take the time to do that, which is a real shame. Nurses work so hard and don't get a lot of recognition, so be sure to thank a nurse when you have the chance!

I am looking forward to a haircut/color tonight! BIG thank you to Christy for taking the time this evening to do that after doing that all day for everyone else! I'll feel brand new by the time she's done with me!! :)

So that's it for now. Have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a new picture -- you look different now. That one's nice, but you are looking georgeous -- and I'm not prejudice!

Buddy Bubba