Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Two Hour Workout

So I got to the gym at about 4:30 yesterday so that I could get in a good 30 minutes of cardio before working with Jacqueline. I got on the treadmill and really got going...pushed myself hard and was just dripping sweat, when Jacqueline comes over around 4:50 and reminded me that I was supposed to work out with her at 6, not 5. She was absolutely right...I totally forgot! And then she reminded me that we were doing legs and not arms yesterday, so I needed to crank my workout down a few notches. Talk about relief! So I finished my 30 minutes on the treadmill and moved over to the exercise bike and did another 30 (very relaxed) minutes on the bike while I read a magazine. (By the way...new magazine called Shop Etc...it's GREAT!)

And then it was time...

We started at 6pm on the dot, and she said she would superset me. Sounded productive to me, so we went right to it. Now I learned that a superset seems to be doubled repetitions for me and fewer breaks, so I worked my butt of for a solid hour, and finished with a set of lunges, which I was able to do almost all the way without stopping! (or falling over out of pure exhaustion!)

So when I got home last night I was a waste of flesh. I was exhausted, but it felt like I had really accomplished something. After two hours, I had better feel like I accomplished something! But I slept like a log last night and am a little sleepy this morning, but it's all good!

So that was pretty much my evening. Working out and going home. I was going to have dinner with Christy, but she had to cancel. I think that may have been for the best! I was so tired I could barely move last night. Tonight I am going to go see Gran. I'll give an update tomorrow!

1 comment:

tom said...

You are a machine! ... a sexy, sexy machine!

I am going to the gym today. You have inspired me.