Thursday, July 14, 2005

There's (probably) going to be a hockey season this fall!

It was good to hear that we're going to have a hockey season this fall. I know that the players have to formally vote on the agreement, so barring any snafu, we're set! However, I'm still mad at both the players and owners, so I don't know if I will go to any games this year. Yes, by me not attending any games in person, they'll really feel punished I'm sure! (But it's the principle!) But needless to say, it will be nice to see some hockey. I hear they have been adjusting some rules, so it looks like OT won't be as long and painful as it's been in the past! (Thank God!)

My arms are sore today from my Tuesday workout! I pushed myself pretty hard Tuesday, so I guess it was bound to happen! I am hoping to see more drastic results on the scale this week since it's been a pound here and a half pound there...I sure would like to see a little more come off this week! (I've been REALLY good!!) At least Sunday isn't too far away!

I'm taking a half day off tomorrow to go take my little cousin to an indoor rock climbing place. (She's climbing, not me...I'm her spotter) Hopefully it will wear her out! She is rather energetic and is a bit exhausting. I'm not used to having kids around like that, so it's driving me a little nutty. Plus, she's a constant chatterbox and I do tend to like my quiet time! I'm taking her swimming Saturday over at Angela's (who is graciously hostessing a girls' swim party for the afternoon!) and we're taking healthy snacks and going to get some sun! (It will be nice to have a real tan rather than a fake tan!)

Anyone been to the Austin City Limits Music Festival? There is a slew of bands I would like to see, so I am planning to go. If you've been I would love to hear your experiences! I'm so excited...I'm going to get to see Oasis!! (and Wilco, and Franz Ferdinand, and Blues Traveller, and...oh, too many to list!!!) Kevin is interested in going, and if anyone else wants to caravan down there, let's make it a party! September 23-25th, babies!!

That's it for now...going to eat my fruit and my yogurt and get my day going. Here is one of my favorite Paris pictures...


Have a good Thursday!!

No comments: