Tuesday, March 28, 2006

One Day Closer to Friday

Not that it's a bad week, but I am counting down the days until David comes home! :) He is in Georgia right now and will be driving to Atlanta tonight. He is doing so well with Born, and I am so proud of how hard he works. He has such a strong work ethic, and I hope Born recognizes what kind of talent they have! (Oh, I got to order two pair of shoes and I get them this week! I can't wait!!)

Generally speaking, things are going well. I am looking forward to getting to see Joseph tonight. I feel like we haven't gotten to sit and talk in forever, so it will be nice to see him. Things seem to be going well with him and that makes me very happy. I am slowly getting the chance to get caught up with friends. We have all been so busy that it has taken a while. One of the best bits of news I have is Christy and Rich's official wedding date! October 28th of this year, and Christy has asked me to be her Maid of Honor...what a great honor for me! I am so flattered, and I am looking forward to making it a wonderful experience for her. I want to start thinking about her bridal shower now so that it goes off without a hitch! I love weddings so much, and there are so many wonderful things to look forward to as we plan her very special day. She has several bridesmaids, so we can all work together to ensure everything is perfect! :)

In other news, I am still down 1.8 pounds! Kim, I saw on your blog that you gained a pound, but I am positive that it's muscle so don't be down about it!! I had decided to make losing 1-2 pounds my goal for the week, but I didn't actually weigh myself until last Wednesday so I will weigh in officially tomorrow morning and post the results. I am retaining some water, so hopefully that won't be an issue in the morning, but we shall see! Mom and I have decided to re-join WW (again!) but are trying out a Thursday night meeting this week. Sundays are just difficult days for me, and I think she and I are both ready to re-commit to WW. I want to have 25 pounds off by my birthday, and I can do it but it will take some real dedication. I think I'm ready! I'll let you know how it goes.

David and I celebrate our 6 month anniversary on Sunday! Now, I don't have to celebrate every month, but I think 6 months is special! Actually, more than celebrating the amount of time together, I just want to celebrate how happy I am with David. He is so special, and he makes me feel very special. I was talking to my cousin Jennifer last night, and she told me that even though she hasn't met David yet, she already knows he's the one for me just by hearing how I talk about him. I thank God every day for helping us find each other! :)

So I am having a good day, as you can probably tell. Nothing in particular, just feeling happy. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

One more thing...thanks to everyone who helped me to remember my friend Karen by either reading about her a few posts below, or by doing something good for someone else. She had a very big heart for animals, and so I am going to donate some time and money to a local animal shelter in remembrance of her.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Blonde said...

I love you, I love you , I love you!

Good luck with your WW goal for your bday! YOu know that you can do it!

Congrats on your anniversary too!

Feeling your good, positive vibes all the way across the country!