Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rally the Troops!

If you haven't noticed, I am all about my friends and family. When someone I care about is in trouble, you all know that I appeal to each of you to send good toughts or prayers. (I hope you know that I do the same for you, too!!)

So I am asking you again to send good thoughts to a friend. Joseph called me this morning to say that there is something big shaking down at his job and he is afraid he may get laid off. He may not, but this guy needs a break! He was a victim of all the WorldCom stuff (he lost his entire savings, not to mention his job!), and has had crummy luck with jobs ever since. He likes this job and it was good for him to have something stable that he could depend upon. So now I am asking that you take just a few minutes and send him good vibes. He's a good friend and I don't want to see him have to go through this again.

So on to me. I absolutely exhausted myself yesterday. It was a long, mentally draining day at work, and then I went to Grampa's for dinner. Then I went to Mom and Dad's to do homework (I am sponging off their DSL connection), and finally got home around 10-10:30. I felt terrible when David called...I wasn't good conversation. He'd had a pretty good day and had lots of news to share, but I was so tired I wasn't able to focus very clearly on what he was saying. I had to end the call and get myself to bed. I was so tired that after I got into bed I got a little tearful...for no reason other than just being so drained! I realized on my way to work I have been forgetting to take my vitamins, so I need to make sure I take one as soon as I get home tonight. I think that will help a lot. I need to be as energetic as possible, as I have got to get the rough draft of my paper finished since I have to turn it in on Sunday. I have a full sentence outline completed, but I need to fill it in and get a few more sources. So much to do! But the nice thing is that David comes home tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier! I have missed him so much! But it's always nice when he comes back. When I fed Angela's dogs last weekend, she and her husband were so sweet and gave me a gift card to the Pappas chain of restaurants, so David and I will put it toward a nice dinner to celebrate our six months together.

Hey, I get my two new pairs of shoes tomorrow! Yay! Will show them off here as soon as I get them!

One more thing...I am going to Weight Watchers tonight, so I am going to get back into full swing with my weight loss. Enough of the gaining and maintaing...I am going to have 25 pounds off by June 22!! So this is a good thing and I am ready to get to it!

Everyone have a great Thursday!!

No comments: