Friday, March 17, 2006

TGIF?

Normally I am beside myself with happiness that it's Friday. Not today. We had a change in software today at work, and the way it's set up totally changes not just my workflow, but there are changes in reporting as well. I won't bore you with the details, but I will just say that I am not happy with this at all. It's nice how nobody in a management position consults with the people who will actually be using the software to see how things will be affected. I sat in a meeting yesterday for training and I literally picked it apart and no one in charge had any solutions. I got a few blank looks and a few "Oh, we didn't think of that." So here I am feeling very unhappy with my job this morning. I don't see much hope for immediate change, so I am keeping my ear to the ground for other things within the company. Things don't come up very often. As of today I have been here four years, so I want to stay with the company as I am almost 100% vested.

Enough of that. There are good things happening today.

Kim has a new family member! Her cousin(?) gave birth yesterday to a healthy baby girl!

I am having dinner with the girlies tonight and I am very happy about that!

David is coming over tomorrow and we are going to dinner and go bowling! :)

I am still doing really well in school.

So see? Lots of happiness. Just very stressed about my job today. My head hurts.

Ugh!

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I know this one doesn't affect you too much but there is the fact that A&M won last night. That is one good thing I keep repeating today. (We've already had the work stinks conversation!)

Jennifer said...

You know, that IS good news! :) And to further prove the point that it is raining on my parade, I went to the breakroom at lunch to watch a little March Madness, and as soon as I sat down, the cable went out. So I didn't even get to watch the Food Network. I am so having a big fat martini tonight!

But I am so happy you have a new baby in your family! She is beautiful!! :) I am keeping those email handy so that I can look at her picture and smile! :)

Blonde said...

I think you are fabulous!!!

Unlike alot of other bloggers (myself included) you remain positive and appreciate what is good in your life even when there is a negative (your job). Too many people focus on the bad, and take little time to acknowledge and appreciate the positive and the good they have. You really are inspiring :).