Monday, March 06, 2006

The Oscars? Boring!!

Anyone else watch the Oscars? It was surprisingly dull. No horrible fashion faux pas, no incredible upset (unless you count 3-6 Mafia winning best song. What's up with that? Dolly Parton RULES!! She should have won!). The two highlights for me were Jennifer Lopez's dress and Uma Thurman's hair. Her hair was gorgeous! I am trying to find a picture of it, so if anyone runs across one, please forward to me!!

Though the Oscars were boring, David and I made snacks that were not. We had chicken, Brie, and cranberry nachos. Oh...that was some seriously good food! We also had strawberry poundcake skewers that I made. Very simple and very tasty! We were supposed to have a few friends over to watch, but Sunday nights are tough for most folks, and we ended up just the two of us. (Which was fine! We had a great time!)

It was a good weekend. Dad's truck was determined to be totaled, so he got a new truck Friday night. (It's really nice!) Saturday morning, mom and dad and I went to Grampa's to help clean out Gran's clothes and things. That ended up being much harder than I thought it would be. After I got home, I had to take a little time to pull myself together. It's hard to go through a lifetime of things like that. I think it was hard for all of us.

After I got myself together, I went to David's. I missed the fun at the park with all his sisters, his brother, and all their kids. I would like to have gone, but I couldn't quite do it. I was just feeling sad about Gran, and David was so understanding. When I got to his house, he was so sweet and hugged me and made me feel better. We had dinner at Olive Garden, and then came home and relaxed. We had brunch at Grand Lux Sunday morning, and then gathered his stuff and went to my place. We dropped off his car and when shoe shopping for him. (He needed new running shoes) We then went to the grocery store and then came back to my place.

The weather was so nice yesterday! We had a glass of wine of my patio, and then did the prep work for the Oscar snacks. It wasn't a big flashy weekend for us, but it was so relaxing and so much fun for me.

I got "tagged" by Livia, who is a fellow blogger who lives in Las Vegas. (She did what I did...picked a place, and just moved herself. It's hard, but this girl can make it! Right on, sistah!)

Anyhow, I am supposed to list seven songs I am into right now. Here's my list:

1. 2am (Breathe)-Anna Nalick
2. Pump It-Black Eyed Peas
3. Landing in London-3 Doors Down
4. You're Beautiful-James Blunt
5. Good is Good-Sheryl Crow
6. Sugar, We're Goin' Down-Fall Out Boy
7. Maria-Ricky Martin (This is in my workout list on my iPod and it's great on the treadmill!)

So there's my seven song. I am supposed to "tag" seven people to put a list of their 7 songs on their blog. I don't think I know seven people who would do it, so Kim, post your seven favorite songs! :)

I hope everyone had as lovely a weekend as I did!

No comments: