Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Am I Coming or Going?

It has been an incredibly busy day today! Work is making me crazy, and 4pm won't get here fast enough! (And I am really looking forward to my martini with Grampa!)

I am still doing well in school. Turned in all my homework through today, and I plan to get the rest of it all turned in tomorrow. That way I can spend my weekend uninterrupted with David. :) We're going to watch the Oscars with friends, so that ought to be a blast!

I am looking into joining 24 Hour Fitness because they are offering the new Nike Fitness Dance classes, and that totally appeals to me. I think it would be a really fun way to sweat some pounds off. (I am shooting to lose 25 by my birthday!) David already works out at 24 Hour Fitness, so we could even go work out together. You know what's really nice? He's enthusiastic about me joing so that we can go together. It really helps that he's so supportive of me. It makes it a lot easier to talk to him about sensitive things like dieting and eating healthy. Those aren't things that are easy for me to talk about with just anyone, and he makes it easy to talk about anything. So the point of all this is that in addition to my gym here at work, I would join 24 so that I have a place to work out in the evenings and on the weekends. I will probably do it, but I need to wait until the middle of the month. (You know, that whole budget thing!)

I am really looking forward to dinner with Grampa tonight. Mom might possibly join us because my uncle is doing something wonderfully sneaky: Grampa has an old truck and camper in the back that is getting a little run down looking. There is apparently a show on the TLC channel called "Overhaul" or something like that, and they come and overhaul old vehicles and trick them out. My uncle submitted my an application and talked about Grampa's truck and camper, and they emailed my uncle and they want pictures, so they might be interested. So Mom's task is to take pictures of the truck and camper and not tell Grampa why. She has a story concocted, but I don't recall what it is. If they end up coming to overhaul Grampa's truck and trailer, he would really have fun with that! (He loves gadgets and has a brilliant mind, so he'd have fun with any modifications they made!) Mom might just come to take pictures and leave, but I told her if she comes out that way she might as well stay for dinner too. The more the merrier, right? If they do end up selecting Grampa's truck, I'll post before and after pictures...that would be so cool!

Big shout out to Kim for doing so well with her personal trainer! She is looking good, so all you single guys, look out! :)

And big weekend for Saints and Sinners...they are playing a show in Austin Friday night! Check out details at www.saintsandsinnersband.com!

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

PS-David reads the blog now, so "Hi David! I miss you!" (He's in Houston this week on business!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

24 Hour is a great place to work out. I might have to beg mine to start this Nike Dance Class. Hadn't heard of it before, but I am sure I can bug my trainer to tell me more!

Jessica said...

I love that show!!! That would be so neat if your Grandfather could make it on there! Keep us posted!