Thursday, May 19, 2005

Big Day at the Movies

So Dad and I went to see Episode III this morning, and we really enjoyed it! We started the day at 8am and had breakfast at IHOP. Then we went on to Tinseltown in Grapevine, thinking we'd get there early, but we didn't expect much in the way of crowds...we hadn't ever experienced any in all the years we've been going to see the Star Wars films. We were wrong this time! There was a long line that stretched to the end of the building! However, we had been smart enough to buy our tickets in person earlier this week, so we avoided all that and got right in and got what I believe to be the best seats in the house. The movie was great! Yes, there were some cheesy lines, but overall, I enjoyed it! I won't give anything away (Star Wars fans know how it ends, anyhow) but if you like the series, you'll enjoy the movie. I'm sad that there aren't any more to look forward to!

So after that, we had lunch at Subway and then I dashed off to get the long-expired registration sticker for my car. They look so different this time! (I think they look fake!) So that's done, and now I am going to go get copies of my apartment key made so that my folks can check on my apartment when I am out of town. (in 16 days!)

Just as an aside, you guys would be proud of me...at IHOP this morning I had 2 of the small pancakes, and I brought my own sugar free syrup. Laugh if you want, but I've lost 53.5 pounds and I won't let syrup de-rail my success!

I talked to Christy...we're having dinner tonight. Apparently, the wedding is on for October! (News to me!) So tonight we are looking through wedding magazines. Damn..I was hoping to be at my goal weight for her wedding!! But yay that we get to plan a wedding! Now I really have to hop to it to plan the shower! We have five months to get this thing together! This ought to be fun! :)

I visited with Gran last night, and she's cooperating with her PTs and doing her exercises! This is very good news for the family...we don't like having her in a nursing home, so anything that moves her in the direction of going home is a very good thing!

Have a great afternoon everyone! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Craig and I also saw the movie yesterday. It was great! I really liked it! But then again, Hayden could just stand there for 2 hours and 26 minutes and I would have loved it.