Friday, May 13, 2005

Shopping and other joyful things

Whenever I am stressed or down, I have discovered that consumer therapy is very helpful for me. There's nothing like a trip to the MAC Cosmetics counter in Dillard's to make my world right. (Is it sad that they know me by name there?) Last night, I bought a new eye shadow and a lipgloss, and I am a happy girl today. :) It's a sickness, I know. Those of you that know me well know that my makeup drawer is a source of happiness for me. (And shame, when I think about how much I have spend on high-end cosmetics) I also bought some new sparkly flip-flops at Old Navy that might just be my new favorites. Hey, it's been a stressful week and I needed to treat myself!

Tonight, it's dinner and a movie and that may be it for me. I've just been so tired this week, and I haven't been able to catch a break. So tomorrow is MY day. I'm doing the things I want to do, and I'm having some "me" time. Let me tell you, I can't wait! I think there may be a little shopping involved, but it will most likely be limited to a shower curtain and a new pair of shoes. I am also thinking that a trip to Starbucks with a good book might be nice, too. I just need some quiet activites to relax me and help me get back in my groove.

Any movie suggestions from any of you? I haven't seen anything in a while, so everything is new to me!

1 comment:

tom said...

Post a pic wearing the new flip flops...please.