Monday, May 23, 2005

Not a big fan of Mondays

I woke up this morning and really just wanted to stay in bed. I didn't have to come in until 9am, so I got to sleep a little later than normal, which is really nice. But this means I am stuck at work until 6pm, which isn't my idea of fun, but that's ok. I can get a lot of stuff done that way.

When I came in this morning, I was bombarded with calls because we had a server migration this weekend, and apparently no one tested anything, so nobody can access our new company website. Not a good way to get started! So it's crazy with all that going on and trying to get things up and running again. I am crossing my fingers that everything will be repaired by early afternoon. Fortunately, everyone I have talked to has been very understanding so that's nice...nothing like being yelled at for something you can't control!

So tonight, I am going to go for a walk and then help my mom paint the ceiling in the hallway. That way I get some exercise and help get some stuff done at my parents house.

Oh...fabulous news! I bought the train tickets to London today! We're going to take the tran under the English Channel and hang out in London for a day. Kim knows someone in London, so we are working on getting a more personalized tour. I told kim as long as I get to see the changing of the guard, I'm happy!! How fun...getting to see a little bit of London through the eyes of a native! I hope it works out! :) Cool little bit about the train ride...going over we're in "2nd" class, but coming back we're in First class! We'll be served dinner and champagne in our "roomier, more comfortable" seats! How cool is that? (It was cheaper to do it that way!)

That's the news for today. Have a good Monday!

No comments: