Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Joy of Shopping

Last night after work, my mother and I went shoe shopping. I have managed to justify my need for shoes by reminding myself that I have no really good walking shoes for my Paris trip, so off to Nordstrom's we went. I had found what I wanted online and just wanted to try on a similar style for size purposes, but the ones the guy brought out were spectacular and VERY comfortable, so naturally, I bought them. I also bought the incredibly comfortable $109 sandals he brought out, too. (They really are amazing!) For most people, that would have been enough. Am I most people? Oh no...off to Dillard's we went from there. And yes, I bought yet another pair of shoes. They are these absolutely fabulous Doc Martens in a really cool Mary Jane style. They're a blackened burgundy color, and I am so in love with them! I did manage to stop with the third pair, so can I call that restraint?

I missed the Everybody Loves Raymond finale. I hope it was good...I wish I had seen it, but the mall was calling my name. Besides, don't I get to count shopping as cardio activity? My heart was racing while I was trying on shoes!

Tonight, Dad and I are having dinner and then going to purchase our tickets for Episode III. We're both off on Thursday to see the movie. I remember seeing it with him when it first came out in the theater backin the 70s, so this is our tradition. We're going to have breakfast first, and then off to see the 10am showing. I'm so excited! :)

I'm committing to exercise tonight. I've been a little relaxed about that and I need to get back into the swing of things. So on that note, I need to get some work done. Have a good Tuesday!

1 comment:

tom said...

Of course, you cannot just shop for one pair of shoes! Shoes are a utility for men, but you have a need for a different pair everyday. Ever go to Nordstrom Rack?

However, Mary Janes? Yuck. My least favorite shoe - the least sexy shoe of all time. It is warm. Get those toes out there. You have gorgeous toes. Don't hide them!