Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dragging a Little Today

I had some trouble sleeping last night, so I am dragging a bit today. I need to get it together because it's leg night tonight!

It's been a very busy day today with work. Spent most of my day in a training class, so I feel like I can't seem to catch up and am constantly interrupted. I think I need to lay low tonight and soak in a hot bubble bath after I work out. Maybe a manicure/pedicure/facial will be in order. Tonight is Law&Order SVU, so you all know where I will be at 9pm! (Parked in front of my TV!)

I am getting some crazy award tomorrow at work for going above and beyond for one of our member hospitals. It's funny to me because (and I'll spare you the silly details) the whole thing is just part of my job. I didn't think I did anything out of the ordinary, but apparently our employee recognition committee thinks so, and now I get to accept an award from the CEO and a $50 gift certificate to the place of my choice. Honestly, I'd rather not have to walk down the grand staircase to accept an award, as I am a bit clumsy and will probably fall on the CEO and make an enormous ass of myself. Nice, huh? I guess this means I need to do some laundry and ironing tonight. Wow...I sound so domestic!

I am having dinner with Grampa tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it. Mom had lunch with him today and says that he is really looking forward to it as well. Tomorrow will be the first Wednesday I haven't spent with Gran in a long long time, so I need this time with Grampa. I'm still waiting for all the reality to hit me and to have this huge tearful breakdown, but it hasn't happened yet. I get weepy over little reminders, though. Sometimes when I look at my watch (which used to be Gran's watch) I just stare at it for a moment and miss her. I hope I make her proud.

I am having some trouble with my diet right now. I think it's all the stress I've been under, so I am working like crazy to get back on track. I've missed my last 2 WW meetings, so I absolutely cannot miss this week. Thank goodness I've been working out!

One more important reminder...it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. One of my favorite blogs is chock full of wonderful ways to support breast cancer research (Blonde, you are awesome for sharing all the info that you do!!). I'll try and borrow some of her links and if you are in a position to help, I hope you choose to do so. It's such a worthy cause!

Have a wonderful day and hugs to everyone!

No comments: