Thursday, October 06, 2005

Wednesdays with Grampa

So I took my Grampa to dinner last night, and we had such a good time! We went to Mimi's Cafe and just talked and laughed and really enjoyed ourselves. My Grampa was instrumental in the aviation/engineering field back when everything was new. He helped to invent the predecessor to the "little black box" that is in all the cockpits now, and he even flew to Palm Springs with Howard Hughes for a milkshake! This man has great stories to share! We went back to the house and watched some TV, and talked a little more. He's doing well, but he says that mid-afternoons he starts to feel a little lost. But he's doing ok and is trying to figure out his new routine. I know he'll be fine. He let me take him to dinner on the condition that he buy next Wednesday, so I told him it was a date! I'm glad we're getting to spend time together like this.

I got my "Wow!" award at work yesterday and managed not to slip and fall on the CEO. I have pictures but didn't get them uploaded, so I will do that tomorrow. Besides, I haven't posted any recent pics and I need to do a side by side of my before picture and a current picture. I know I keep saying I'll do it...it's hard to look at the before picture now. But I am looking better these days, so I'll try and do that tonight so you can all see my progress.

Tomorrow Jacqueline and I are going running outside for my session, and with the weather as nice as it's getting, this should be great! I say that now...tomorrow may be a different story!

I talked to my cousin Jen last night. She's getting hit left and right with tough news. This past weekend, her father's house burned down (everyone is ok, thank God!) and then yesterday she got the news that her mother has cancer. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor and a very strong woman, so we are all praying for her to continue to be strong. Apparently the breast cancer came back and has spread to her lungs. She is having more tests done today, so we are hoping for a plan of action very soon. So when you say your prayers or send good thoughts out, please think of my cousin Jen's mom. (And Jen, too...she needs strength!)

So that's it for me for today. I hope everyone has a great day, and hugs to you all!

No comments: