Friday, October 14, 2005

It's Friday and I Couldn't Be Happier!

TGIF! Seriously!

First things first: It's Denim for Dollars day at my office. We're wearing jeans for a $5 contribution to fight breast cancer. Be sure to donate this month to help find the cure!

Last night I had dinner with Grampa (his night to buy!). We went to Applebee's and had cocktails and dinner. I love that he recognizes the importance of a good drink before dinner! He theorizes that after 15, 500 martinis you become immortal. I love this man! After dinner we went back to his house and watched some tv and visited. When I was leaving, he told me how much he enjoys our weekly night together. For my Grampa to say this, he must really mean it. He is very loving, but not a big "huggy kissy" kind of man, so this meant the world to me. I'll break my neck to get there and spend the evening with him for the rest of both of our lives!

On the way home I stopped at Target to get a few groceries and then came on home. I have been a tired girl, and I am still sore from my Wednesday workout. I am working out again tonight with Jacqueline and I just might die. Seriously, if she super-sets me and then we sprint in between, it might be the death of me. It's been a long week and I am worn out!

Tomorrow, Mom and I are planning to hit a couple of resale shops. I really need some fall clothes but don't really have the $$ to spend on a lot of new stuff, especially since I seem to change sizes (going in the smaller direction!!) with a good deal of regularity. This is exciting, and a pain in the pocketbook. What I really need to do is buy a belt!

Also, Mom told me that they got a shoe catalog from Nordstrom's for me at their house. She saw some shoes that would be perfect for my Salsa dancing, so I may need to take a look. Heck, it's a shoe catalog from Nordstrom's...of course I need to take a look! I actually need a couple of pairs of shoes for fall/winter, as I have been the queen of flip-flops this past summer. I need some really great fall shoes. I am really wanting to buy more feminine shoes (certainly my foot-loving friend will be happy to read that!)...I catch myself leaning towards Dr. Martens and some of the more chunky Mary-Jane styles, and I am ready for a change. I bought a great pair of Steve Madden Mary-Janes, but they're not the chunky ones...they're very feminine and sexy! :)

I did a little online shopping this morning and bought a few things from the Gap and Old Navy, so I am looking forward to some new fall things. I know I am needing to save money, but I had a $75 gift card to The Gap and Old Navy was having a sale. What can I say...I am a shopaholic! Now I need a littel bit of fall makeup and I'll be happy! (Hey, I haven't bought any MAC recently, so I am long overdue!)

I think that's it for now. Have a fabulous Friday!

3 comments:

Kim said...

hey, instead of a matinee on Sunday, we should just hit the MAC store....... :-).

Jessica said...

I love shopping for fall shoes!

Blonde said...

First, on October 20th MAC is releasing their holiday collection. Yes, I got a beautiful invitation for the MAC store. You know you have shopping problems when stores send you invites (I got one from Coach and Tiffany near my home too).

Second, if you are ever in Philadelphia, I found a little club that has salsa dancing in the upstairs bar and it is HOT HOT HOT. The dancing is so sexy and the guys are smoking hot. Drinks will be on me ;).

Congrats on your continued weight loss. Having to buy smaller clothes is what I call a happy problem! Continue you hard work! You should be so proud of yourself!